Office: 1111 SRB
Senior Engineer in Research
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
Time-to-digital conversion, instrument design
- VHDL FPGA logic design
- Digital circuit design
- Analog circuit design
- Low voltage power design
- electrical engineer
- Flight Instruments
- ASPS (Precipitation collector)
- DETMIT, LRR
Specializations and Research Interests
- Support development of both ground-based and space-based instrumentation.
- Analog and digital circuit design
- Software development, embedded system programming, and FPGA design. Languages include C, C++, and VHDL.
- System design and specifications, Time of Flight circuit design, VHDL coding and test software development for the FIPS mass spectrometer instrument.
- Detection and measurement of static electric fields.
- Data acquisition and control of precipitation collectors.
Honors, Awards and Accomplishments
- Professional Engineer License
- Patents (Course concentration: power systems, communications, digital electronics, instrumentation)
- 4,906,926 - Proximity Sensor for Hostile Environments
- 6,481,939 - Tool Tip Conductivity Contact Sensor
- Renno, N., et al., "A Miniature Sensor for Electrical Field Measurements in Dusty Planetary Atmospheres", Journal of Physics: Conference Series 142, (2008).
- Ruf, C., et al., "Lightweight Rainfall Radiometer STAR Aircraft Sensor", Proc. of the 2002 IEEE Inernational Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium, Toronto, June 2002.
- Ruf, C., et al., Lightweight Rainfall Radiometer STAR Aircraft Sensor", Proc. of NASA Earth Science Technology Conference, Pasadena, CA, June 2002.
- Tanner, A., et al., "Prototype Development of a Geostationary Synthetic Thinned aperture Radiometer, GeoSTAR", Proc. of NASA Earth Science Technology Conference, Palo Alto, CA, June 2004.