Ronald J Rizor
Office: 1136 SRB
Mathematics, science, mechanical drawing, AutoCAD, AutoDESK Inventor, SolidWorks, graphic design courses
Washtenaw Community College
AutoCAD and PADS
- Tool making
- System design
- Digital circuit design
- mechanical engineering
- Welding technology
- Mechanical fabrication
- AutoCAD Drafting
- PADS PowerPCB circuit board layout
- Inventor Solid Modeling
- Flight Instruments
- Radiometers (LRR, Starlight)
- Non-Flight Instruments
- Magnetometers (Greenland, Patriot Hills, Penguin)
- NOAA Buoys
Specializations and Research Interests
- As member of TIMED/TIDI design team, performed mechanical design of the enclosures and circuit boards that compriesed the Electronics Stack for the TIDI Doppler Interferometer
- AutoCAD used for mechancial design of decks and circuit boards, Active-CAD used to generate schematics and netlists, and PADS-PowerPCB used to do printed circuit board layout for TIDI instrument.
- Integral member of the Multichannel Chemiluminous Instrument team, provided soldering, harness and cable construction, mechanical modification, design and building of chassis components.
- Provides digital electronic design from idea through prototype to finished product for upgrading and improving computer systems.