Fax: (734) 763-4690
[ Link to website ]
Ph.D., Geosciences, Pennsylvania State University
B.A., Geology, Carleton College
Earth System History; paleoclimatology and paleoceanography
Professor Poulsen is both a Professor of Earth and Environmental Sciences, Chair, Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences, College of Literature, Science, and the Arts and Professor of Atmospheric, Oceanic and Space Sciences, College of Engineering. You can view his other department web page at http://www.lsa.umich.edu/earth/people/ci.poulsenchris_ci.detail
Specializations and Research Interests
- Earth System History
- Paleoclimatology and paleoceanography
- Interactions within the climate system
Honors, Awards and Accomplishments
- Innovative Teaching Award, University of Southern California
- International Paleoceanography Conference VI, Student Poster Award
- Penn State, Muan Fellowship
- Penn State University, First Place Geosciences Graduate Colloquium
- Sigma Xi Grant-in-Aid
- AAPG Grant-in-Aid
- Shell Doctoral Fellowship
- NASA Space Grant Fellowship
- Penn State, First Place Geosciences Graduate Colloquium
- U.S.G.S., N.A.G.T.-U.S.G.S. Internship
- Carleton College, Keck Fellowship
- Coordinator of NCAR Paleo-Working Group project to develop community-organized Cretaceous climate simulations.
- Participant, NSF Workshop on Deep-Time GeoSystems, Washington D.C.
- Co-Chair, Extreme environments of the Precambrian Earth, AGU, Montreal, Canada.
- Co-chair of research session, “Cretaceous Atmosphere and Ocean Dynamics”, Cretaceous Climate and Ocean Dynamics, Florissant, CO.