Associate Professor, AOSS and Geological Sciences
- (734) 615-2236
- (734) 763-4690
Ph.D., Geosciences, Pennsylvania State University
B.A., Geology, Carleton College
Earth System History; paleoclimatology and paleoceanography
Specializations and Research Interests
- Earth System History
- Paleoclimatology and paleoceanography
- Interactions within the climate system
Honors, Awards and Accomplishments
- Innovative Teaching Award, University of Southern California
- International Paleoceanography Conference VI, Student Poster Award
- Penn State, Muan Fellowship
- Penn State University, First Place Geosciences Graduate Colloquium
- Sigma Xi Grant-in-Aid
- AAPG Grant-in-Aid
- Shell Doctoral Fellowship
- NASA Space Grant Fellowship
- Penn State, First Place Geosciences Graduate Colloquium
- U.S.G.S., N.A.G.T.-U.S.G.S. Internship
- Carleton College, Keck Fellowship
- Coordinator of NCAR Paleo-Working Group project to develop community-organized Cretaceous climate simulations.
- Participant, NSF Workshop on Deep-Time GeoSystems, Washington D.C.
- Co-Chair, Extreme environments of the Precambrian Earth, AGU, Montreal, Canada.
- Co-chair of research session, “Cretaceous Atmosphere and Ocean Dynamics”, Cretaceous Climate and Ocean Dynamics, Florissant, CO.