Research Project Engineer
Bachelor of Science Engineering, University of Michigan
Spaceflight materials, processes, contamination control, quality assurance, EEE parts, safety.
- Flight Instruments
- NATE, NACE,VAE (EEE Parts Coordinator)
- PV/OETP, ONMS (Electronics R&QA Manager)
- LANG, NACS, WATS, FPI (R&QA Manager)
- STS-9 (SL1) ISO, IECM/MS (R&QA Manager)
- STS-2,-3,-4 IECM/MS2 (R&QA Manager)
- STS-34 GALILEO/NMS (Electronics R&QA Manager)
- STS-48 UARS/HRDI (R&QA Manager)
- TOMS/ELM FM3,4,5 (Electronics R&QA Manager)
- STS-75 TSS-1R/SETS (R&QA Manager)
- CASSINI/INMS, HUYGENS PROBE/GCMS (Electronics R&QA Manager)
- TIMED/TIDI (R&QA Manager)
- ROSETTA/ROSINA (Electronics R&QA Manaager)
- Messenger/FIPS (R&QA Manager)
- Phoenix/TEGA Power Supply (Electronics R&QA Manager)
- MSL/SAM (Electronics R&QA Manager)
- LADEE/NMS (Electronics R&QA Manager)
- MAVEN/NGIMS (Electronics R&QA Manager)
Specializations and Research Interests
- Manage safety, reliability and quality assurance efforts for spaceflight research spectrometers, interferometers and other instruments developed under contracts with NASA and other agencies.
- Interpret contract requirements, and prepare implementation plans, specifications, procedures and related documentation for work conducted at SPRL and by subcontractors.
- Evaluate vendors, perform source inspections, and audit assurance systems.
- Participate in programmatic and technical meetings in-house and with sponsors and subcontractors.
- Conduct training classes in technical skill areas.
- Inspect and critique hardware built by technical staff, assign rework, and provide input to managment on workmanship quality.
- Perform assurance tasks in areas of parts, materials, and processes, and quality systems such as non-conformance control, configuration managment, procurement and property control.
- Administrative functions include preparing schedules, cost estimates, status reports and supervision of the Parts Department.
Honors, Awards and Accomplishments
- 2007 College of Engineering Excellence in Staff Service Award Winner
- University of Michigan "M-Quality" Team Leader Training
- NASA GSFC WM-001B (ANSI S20.20) ESD Control Level B Instructor
- NASA-STD-8739.3 Hand Soldering Inspector
- NASA-STD-8739.4 Surface Mount Technology Inspector
- NASA-STD-8739.1 Staking & Conformal Coating Inspector
- Engineering Documentation Control CEE training
Member, American Society for Quality Control