Bart van der Holst
Associate Research Scientist
- Ph.D., physics, University of Utrecht, The Netherlands
- M.S., Physics, Free University Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Solar physics, space weather modeling, coronal mass ejections, and computational high energy density physics.
Code development for space and laboratory plasmas.
- Design and development of radiation models for the Center for Radiative Shock Hydrodynamics (CRASH).
- Developer of the BATS-R-US code, a block adaptive mesh code for space physics and laboratory plasmas.
Honors, Awards and Accomplishments
- 2009-2010 College of Engineering Kenneth M. Reese Outstanding Research Scientist Award, University of Michigan